Director of Strategy
The Director of Strategy provides deep insight into internal and external factors affecting the client’s business, marketing, and digital presence. This role will lead a team focused on defining the marketing opportunities for our clients, as well the vision, strategic framework, and specific solutions required to deliver against those opportunities and marketing goals. He or she is a visionary leader who "connects the dots" around business and consumer insights, articulates concepts and solutions in a clear and compelling way to clients, and demonstrates a focus on user-experience.
Overseeing a multi-disciplinary team, the Director of Strategy role will collaborate with internal team members across various departments with the agency, as well as client contacts throughout the strategy development process and creative execution.
The strategic work that we do for our clients includes: research and insights, business case development, digital roadmap development, consumer decision journey mapping, communication channel analysis and recommendations, and other areas depending on client need.
Learn more about IQ's strategic approach and capabilities at http://iqagency.com/intelligence/
- 10+ years digital, marketing and/or consulting experience with at least 7 years focused exclusively on the digital space
- Expert knowledge of online advertising, online strategy, basic digital technology capabilities and partner knowledge
- Proven experience leading strategy and digital roadmap projects in a complex business and marketing environment
- Experience in consumer-driven businesses
- Strong understanding of user research, user-centered design principles and consumer behavior
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level; comfortable being able to quickly join the client leadership team and immediately add value
- Strong interpersonal skills as team leader and team player with experience managing and training other consultants a plus
This role is one that must be comfortable in the areas of strategy development, execution, and measurement. Specifically relating to the following activities:
- Engage with clients to identify key strategic challenge(s) and business, marketing and digital needs to be addressed; evaluate scope of strategic engagement
- Lead digital strategy engagements with a strong focus on business analysis, strategic modeling, differentiated digital experiences, key digital capabilities and/or road mapping
- Work cross-functionally with other strategy colleagues, client partners, discipline leads, and other internal partners
- Define and conduct (or partner with others to conduct) appropriate research activities, and evaluate findings. Research activities include:
- Assessing the role of marketing in the client’s business model
- Connect the dots, synthesize and articulate key business insights in a clear and compelling way
- Define a marketing program's strategic vision and business goals to guide strategy development and execution, and to move people to action
- Develop strategies that drive client business performance
- Create roadmaps to guide execution of programs and initiatives
- Analyze business, marketing and digital performance across products, markets, audiences, and channels
- Test digital hypotheses through research, scenario analysis, financial modeling and response forecasts
- Create strategic and financial models to articulate business value
- Build business cases and ROI models
- Summarize findings, and package in a way that supports a clear and compelling story
- Work with strategy team members to define success metrics and evaluate business impact of marketing strategies and projects over time
- Define targets for identified metrics.
- Develop processes for collecting and analyzing necessary data
- Build strategy team expertise by mentoring junior team members and offering training in relevant methodologies, techniques, frameworks, etc.
- Proactively work to improve process for strategy engagements and team workflow
- Partner with senior account leadership to support client decision-making
- Provide strategic counsel to executive level clients
- Develop thought leadership pieces for publication and/or business development
- Support business development efforts with research, structure, smart thinking and big ideas
- 100% Paid Medical Coverage for IQ Employees
- Dental and Vision
- Profit Sharing
- Generous vacation and holiday policy